ICEGATE is an acronym that stands for Indian Customs and Central Excise Electronic Data Interchange/Electronic Commerce (EDI/EC) Gateway. Here the EDI and EC specifications of the Customs and Central Excise departments get fulfilled by ICEGATE. Moreover, traders, cargo service providers, and other department clients use ICEGATE, known as trading partners collectively.
Also, apart from trading partners, other licensing and regulatory bodies use ICEGATE for communication and documentation. In addition, the Indian Government is executing brand-new technologies to connect with the people under the PM Svanidhi scheme.
In addition, to provide easy access to Indian taxpayers, the Indian Government introduced ICEGATE that helps citizens pay all their taxes and duties without spending their precious time touring the offices physically.
How does ICEGATE work?
ICEGATE is an online web portal that works as an infrastructure project, which aids in accomplishing a department’s Electronic information interchange or e-commerce and data communication demands.
Also, according to recent statistics, this web portal helps more than 6.72 lakh importers and exporters. Moreover, it holds fifteen sorts of partners who operate with Customs EDI to send a message and expedite approval from Customs.
It likewise expedites various electronic assistance, including electronic filing of the Shipping Bill and Bill of Entry. Moreover, ICEGATE additionally extends services such as–
- Means for recording online for IPR (Intellectual Property Rights),
- Checking the status of IE language
- Tracing record status at Customs EDI
- E-payment of custom charges
- IGST reimbursement
- Establishing DEPB/DES/EPCG permit online
- Examining information through PAN
- Redirecting to websites associated with customs business
- Round the clock assistance
In addition, registration on ICEGATE can be an essential tool for import, import manifest, export, consol manifest, and export manifest. Also, a single ICEGATE certification satisfies for transactions at all or any EDI customs harbor. You can likewise upload documents to ICEGATE over email or as an attachment in one of the stipulated formats.
Steps to register on the ICEGATE portal
- Visit the official ICEGATE website (www.icegate.gov.in).
- Tap on the given registration link on the main page for enrollment. You can likewise follow the provided service link to register and fill up your registration profile.
- To sign up or login into the ICEGATE platform, the applicant will have to tap on the registration link.
- The applicant must confer their IEC, GST number, and temporary password on the online webpage transmitted from ICEGATE on this webpage.
- Once the registrant enters their specifications, then they have to fill in their ICEGATE ID and password. The id and password will both remain on the registrant’s choice.
- Your ICEGATE Id should remain unique, or the webpage will not take it. Also, the online portal suggests a complex password to keep your ICEGATE account secure.
- Ensure you enter the same passcode in the confirm passcode box, or you will get an error.
- If the registered data gets edited, you will receive an OTP (One-Time Password) for authentication. Also, the system will provide two distinct OTPs; one on your mobile number and another on your registered email id.
- Enter the accurate OTP (One-Time Password) to complete your registration. Note that if you enter the wrong OTP, the webpage will display an error report.
- Now you can either complete your ICEGATE registration process by tapping on the finish button. Next, you will receive a message as “Are you sure you want to complete the auto IEC Registration,” tap on the yes option to complete your registration and register yourself on the ICEGATE portal.
- Next, if you want to modify your email address or any other data on the webpage, tap on the link given on the last corner of the webpage.
- Once you tap on the given link, you will receive a box to enter your alternative mobile number or email id.
- You will again receive an OTP (One-time Password) on your alternate email id or mobile number.
- You need to tender GSTIN Number, IEC Number, Mobile OTP, and Email OTP before clicking on submit button.
Note: The generated OTP (One-Time Password) will expire after 2 hours of its generation.
Required documents for your ICEGATE registration
Mentioned hereunder are the documents required for your ICEGATE registration.
- Photo Identity Proof (Aadhaar card/Voter ID card/Passport)
- Authorization Letter/Order of Commissioner
- License or Permit
- Authorization to F Card or G Card
Advantages of using ICEGATE
With the evolution of the ICEGATE platform, the Customs department has grown more responsible. It has likewise supported the customs department to reduce complaints related to delay in consignment transportation from the end of both exporters and importers. Some of the most exceptional advantages of ICEGATE are listed below–
- The ICEGATE platform expedites the e-filing of import and export notifications
- Enables customs department to respond to exporters and importers after Bills of Entry and Shipping invoices get evaluated.
- ICEGATE platform assists exporters and importers to view and pursue their online document’s status. Also, this online platform comes in handy to ask a question and get immediate responses.
- The uncomplicated registration process allows the IEC holder to register with the ICEGATE platform based on IEC and GSTIN. In addition, OTP verifications for mobile phone numbers and email addresses are crucial to completing the registration process. However, this process does not require you to upload DSC and other formalities like document upload, PAN verification, and endorsement procedure.
- To sum up, we can say that ICEGATE assists dealers, cargo ships, and other people of the Customs Department to trace the position of the supply and status of the invoices. Moreover, the dealers can use this factor to their advantage. Also, with the information available, you can readily avail yourself of the business loan and raise funds to fulfill their working capital demands.
- If you are looking for a lender to get a business loan to fulfill your business fund requirements, Ziploan can be your go-to place. Ziploan is a premier Non-Banking Financial Company in India that provides businesses with unsecured business loans that can help you take your business to new heights. To know more about these unsecured loans at Ziploan, visit http://www.ziploan.in/.