A GST certificate is issued after registration under GST. The GST council has made it mandatory to register and issue GST certificates for the entities having an annual turnover of Rs. 40 Lakhs.
Although, entities under special category states need to register under GST after the increment in turnover of Rs. 20 Lakhs.
Also, according to the GST guidelines, it is mandatory to display the GST registration certificate at the place of work, business, or employment.
Non Compliance with GST registration certificate or MSME registration may lead to the charge of penalties on the default making entity. Registration under GST to obtain a GST certificate is quite an easy procedure.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to download GST certificates from the GST Portal.
Procedure to Download GST Registration Certificate
You would require access to your GST account for downloading the GST registration certificate. Once you obtain GST portal account details, follow the simple steps listed below:
- Open the GST India portal https://www.gst.gov.in/.
- Click on the ‘Login’ button to open the next page of username and password.
- Enter your ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ credentials correctly. Type the given captcha in the box. Click on the ‘Login’ option.
- Click on the Services and select User Services. Further click on View/ Download Certificate.
- Select the ‘Download’ button, and the certificate is successfully downloaded. Check all the details displayed on the certificate.
Details included in the GST certificate
After the download is complete, check for all the entered details of the business from the GST registration certificate.
The GST registration certificate consists of the main certificate along with Annexures- A and Annexures- B.
Contents of the main GST registration certificate
- The GSTIN of the taxpayer
- Trade Name and Legal Name
- Type of Business Constitution ( Partnership, Proprietorship, Trust, etc.)
- Address of the Principal Place of Business
- Date of Liability
- Period of Validity. Displaying a particular mentioned date ‘From date’ and ‘To date’. No need to mention ‘To date’ for regular taxpayers.
- Type of registration
- Information of the Authority that approved the certificate (Name, designation, jurisdictional office, and signature, usually digitally signed).
The second page forms’ Annexure A.’ It includes details of any additional place of business if mentioned at the time of GST registration.
The third page forms’ Annexure B’. It includes information about the persons in charge of the business or taxpayers. It contains the name, designation, state of residence, and photograph.
The list may include proprietor, partners, managing director, whole-time directors, members of the managing committee of the association, board of trustees, etc.
Process to apply for a GST Registration Certificate
If you have not enrolled under GST, then you won’t be able to issue a GST registration certificate. Here’s a step-by-step guide to registering under Goods and Services Tax.
- Visit the online GST portal www.gst.gov.in on the web browser and search for Register Now tab.
- Fill in the given details in Part-A of Form GST REG-01 of GST Registration.
- You will receive a temporary reference number (TRN) on your entered mobile number and E-mail after OTP verification.
- After successful OTP verification, the candidate has to fill the Part-B of Form GST REG-01. This form is duly signed using DSC or EVC with uploaded required documents related to the specific type of the business.
- After submitting the form, an acknowledgment will be generated in the prescribed Form GST REG-02.
- The candidate can be asked to clarify or produce the validity of submitted documents as required by the department according to the Form GST REG-03. Any documents or information are to be submitted in prescribed Form GST REG-04 within 7 working days.
- Check the documents and information properly before submission. There are chances of rejection if the department found some errors or inaccurate information. The user will get the information of approval or rejection in Form GST REG-05.
- At last, in Form GST REG-06, a certificate of registration will be issued by the Goods and Services Tax department after verification and approval of all the information and documents.
There are cases in which bank account details are being submitted later on. Remember, submission of such type of details must be completed before 45 days from the date of grant of registration.
Corrections in your GST registration certificate
There are chances of entering incorrect information in the GST registration certificate. You can make changes to your previously applied GST certificate and update the required information.
- Changing the name of a business that would not involve a change in PAN.
- Change in the principal place of business.
- Changes in the form of ‘Annexure A’ regarding the additional place of business.
- Change in the form ‘Annexure B’ related to the Person-in-charge of the business. (Retirement of partners, directors, managing director)
- Updating the authorized mobile number or Email address with the help of OTP verification on the GST portal.
To make the above-mentioned changes
- Login to the GST portal and click on Services
- Select Registration tab
- Amendment of Registration Core Fields.
- Submit all the required changes in the form of GST REG-14 with valid supporting documents.
- Verification is completed within 15 days, and the GST certificate is successfully updated.
If the application gets rejected, the GST officer can issue a notice in Form GST REG-03. Further, the entity is required to provide all details in Form REG-04 within 7 days.
Time Limit/Validity For GST Registration Certificate
GST registration certificates granted to regular taxpayers do not display an expiry date, it remains valid until the GST is cancelled or surrendered by the GST authority.
In the case of a casual taxable person or non-resident taxable person, the GST registration is strictly valid for a maximum of 90 days. Further, the taxpayer is allowed to extend the validity of the GST certificate or renew it before the validity.
Along with GST registration, the MSME registration has also been made compulsory to start or operate any business in India legally.
The MSME registration can be done online through the official website. MSME registration requires no charges.
It is categorized under two basic categories as manufacturing enterprises and service enterprises.
If you are looking for any business loan or MSME loan, Ziploan is here to help you. We provide business loans from Rs. 1 – 7.5 lakhs with minimum documentation, easy eligibility criteria & no extra charges.
Our quick services disburse the loan amount in just 3 days. To know more, contact 011 – 4310 – 9577 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Working Capital Loan
Frequently Asked Questions
Here is how to download the GST certificate:
1) Access the www.gst.gov.in URL. The GST Home page is displayed.
2) Login to the GST Portal with valid credentials.
3) Click the Services > User Services > View/Download Certificates command.
Every person registered under Goods and Services Tax (GST) is issued a GST registration certificate in Form GST REG-06.
The registered person can download the GST registration certificate in Form GST REG-06 only from the GST portal (i.e. no physical copy is made available by the department).
There is no way of downloading your GST Registration Certificate without logging in to your account.
The 4 types of GST in India are:
1) SGST (State Goods and Services Tax)
2) CGST (Central Goods and Services Tax)
3) IGST (Integrated Goods and Services Tax)
4) UGST (Union Territory Goods and Services Tax)
However, it’s not mandatory to register a company to get a GSTIN number. You can get your GSTIN as a sole proprietor or as a partnership business as well.
GST registration usually takes between 2-6 working days.
You May Also Like: