PAN card application status tracking is a quite simple and easy process. An individual can simply check his PAN card status by name and date of birth. The PAN card status can also be checked by the acknowledgement number.
In this blog, we will discuss what PAN card is and how to check PAN card status online.
What is PAN Card?
Also Read: Now Get Your PAN Card in Just 4 Hours
Permanent Account Number or PAN card is a 10-digit number assigned to every individual and taxpayer in India. It is an alphanumeric number allotted by the Department of Income Tax (IT Department). Every individual must declare PAN number while filing ITR, opening a bank account, and for a mobile number. It is also mandatory while conducting certain types of financial transactions.
What is the Structure of PAN Card?
PAN card is a 10-digit alphanumeric number with first five and the last digit being alphabetic and rest four numeric in nature. The following is the structure of PAN card number:
- The first three alphabetic characters range between AAA and ZZZ.
- The fourth character represents the status of the PAN card holder, for instance:
- P for an Individual
- T for Trust
- C for Company
- G for Government Agency
- H for Hindu Undivided Family
- B for Body of Individuals
- A for Association of Person
- L for Local Authority
- J for Artificial Juridical Person
- F for Partnership Firm
- E for Limited Liability Partnership
- The fifth character represents the last name of the PAN card holder.
- From 5th to 9th, the character ranges between 0001 and 9999. And the last character is the alphabetic check digit.
What are the uses of PAN Card?
The following are the uses of PAN number:
- To purchase or sell vehicles except two-wheelers.
- While opening a bank account and depositing an amount more than INR 50,000.
- While applying for a credit card.
- For DEMAT account opening.
- For paying an amount summing a total of more than INR 50,000.
- For cash deposits in banks of more than INR 50,000 in one single day.
- For the payments of insurance of more than INR 50,000.
- While applying for a business loan or any other type of loan.
- For buying and selling securities.
What are the Various methods to Track Pan Card Application Status?
It takes about 15 days for the processing of PAN card after successful PAN card application submission. The Indian government offers easy solutions for individuals to track their PAN card application status. The PAN card status check modes are as follows:
The applicant can get his PAN card status by PAN number. It means when an individual submits his PAN card application, he is allotted a 15-digit process acceptance number. The applicant can track his PAN card application status by sending an SMS 57575.
The content of the message should be NSDLPAN <space> 15-digit process acceptance number. The applicant would immediately receive an SMS with the PAN card status.
The applicant has to make a call to the TIN call center in this mode. The TIN call center number is 020-27218080.
The other mode of tracking is to opt for online PAN card status. The applicant can visit the official website of the UTI or NSDL. He can simply search UTI PAN card status or NSDL PAN card status on Google to get the website links. Or click UTI or NSDL. Notably, an applicant can check the PAN card application status only 3 days after the application submission.
How to check PAN Card Status?
Online PAN card tracking is one among the fastest modes of tracking. To track the pan card application online, one can visit the official website of PAN, TIN, or NSDL.
On UTI Portal
A government based institution, UTI gives technology and outsourcing services to the Indian government sector. To track PAN card status, visit UTI portal. Follow the following steps:
Log on UTI Portal -> visit PAN card page -> Select “Track PAN card status” -> Select “click here” -> Enter your 15-digit process acceptance number -> click submit to find status.
On NSDL Portal
NSDL full form is National Securities Depository Limited. It is India’s central securities depository. To track the PAN card application status online on NSDL portal, follow the following steps:
- Visit website -> click “track your PAN/TAN application status”
- Log on NSDL PAN card page -> select an application type
- Enter your 15-digit process acceptance number
- Then, enter your name and date of birth -> click submit.