After the GST implementation, it has become compulsory for the business owners to get GST registration. The GST number is required to file ITR. GST council offers the status tracking services on the GST portal.
Nevertheless, many business owners still find it difficult to check the GST registration status. For their ease, we will see how to track GST registration status online In this blog.
What is GST?
GST stands for Goods and Services Tax is a centralized taxation system. This system has eliminated 23 different taxes at the state level and 17 taxes at the center level. To track GST registration online, the applicant should know the GST registration application number.
If the applicant already knows the application number, he can track the status. However, if he does not know, he first needs to know the same.
Key Facts about GST Registration
Some of the important points that you must know about GST registration are mentioned below:
- GST registration process requires no fees.
- In case businesses do not complete the registration process, 10% of the amount that is due or Rs.10,000 will be levied. In the case of tax evasion, 100% of the amount that is due will be levied as a penalty.
- Businesses having annual turnover of Rs.20 lakh and more must have GST registration.
- Businesses running in two different states must have different GST registration number.
How to Check GST Application Number
The following are the steps to check the application number:
- Step 1: visit gst.gov.in
- Step 2: Click on the existing user login.
- Step 3: Enter your username and password on the login page. Then click submit.
- Step 4: A welcome page would appear next. Click on the continue button.
- Step 5: A dashboard will appear on your screen. Go to My Saved Application and then click on the My Application Status Page. Now you will see the ARN (Application Reference Number) status of your enrollment application. You can copy the application number from there.
How to check GST Registration Status?
The following are the steps to check the GST Registration online status:
- Step 1: Go to the link https://services.gst.gov.in/services/arnstatus
- Step 2: Type your application number and the unique Captcha. Then click on the search button.
- Step 3: the GST registration status will appear on the screen next.
Now that you know how to track the status online, you can track the status effortlessly.
Advantages of GST Registration
The main benefits of GST registration are mentioned below:
- Big projects can be accepted from Multinational Corporations (MNCs).
Can sell goods online.
- Can sell products and services across PAN India.
- GST registration shows your business is trustworthy.
- Input tax credit can be availed when any goods or services are being purchased.
- Can open current bank account using GSTIN.
- The GSTIN helps in brand egagement.
Frequently Asked Questions
Step-by-step Guide explaining GST Registration Process Online
Step 1: Go to the GST Portal.
Step 2: Generate a TRN by Completing OTP Validation.
Step 3: OTP Verification & TRN Generation.
Step 4: TRN Generated.
Step 5: Log in with TRN.
Step 6: Submit Business Information.
Step 7: Submit Promoter Information.
GST registration can be easily done on the online GST portal. Business owners can fill a form on the GST portal and submit the necessary documents for registration. Businesses must complete the GST registration process.
GST registration is free. There is a 10% penalty on tax due if you don’t register for GST.
The main documents for GST registration include a PAN card, proof of business registration, identity, photographs and address proof of persons in charge, the business’ address proof, and bank account statements.
However, any business whose turnover exceeds Rs 40 lakh in a financial year is required to register under GST.
Under GST, all online sellers must register and pay GST. This means that even if you only bring in Rs 1 lakh, you must go online and get a GSTIN.